Coronado Coal Group is one of the world’s leading producers of
high-quality metallurgical coal. Metallurgical coal is an essential
element in the production of steel and other consumer and industrial
products. In addition to metallurgical coal, the company markets a
high-end specialty product. Coronado’s operations and reserves are
located in the Appalachian region of the United States. The company
employs more than 1,000 workers primarily in West Virginia and Virginia.
Coronado’s coal is shipped for use in the United States as well as
internationally. The company is actively seeking out new properties and
metallurgical reserves in the United States and abroad.
The company, which is private, was formed in 2011. Coronado is a portfolio company of The Energy & Minerals Group, a private equity group based in Texas. With that leadership, Coronado
Coal Group strives to provide its customers high-quality products while
maintaining a strong focus on safety and the environment. This mindset
has generated above-industry returns for those who have invested in the
Coronado Coal Group’s mission is to be a leading international producer
of high-quality metallurgical and specialty coal using world-class
technology and processes. The company is committed to producing coal in
a safe manner while also protecting the environment.
Coronado Coal Group seeks to accomplish its mission through:
• Using state-of-the-art mining equipment and techniques developed in
the United States and abroad;
• Operating in a manner that stresses safety with employee training and
• Behaving as a responsible corporate citizen in the localities where
• Serving customers efficiently using processes that ensure high-quality
and value to meet their needs.
• Expanding the company’s production capacity to further its position as
a global leader in the production of metallurgical and specialty coal.
• Providing investors with returns that are above the industry average.